The UMTR offers a number of trail race series that trail runners can participate in for the love of competition or just some good, clean (or dirty?) fun. Each series has a different distance or discipline focus. Pick your favorite, or sign up for them all! Participation in any series is free with a current UMTR membership.*
- UMTR Trail Run Series The UMTR Trail Run Series is a set of trail races of varying distances throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin. Distances range up to 25K.
- UMTR Trail Marathon Series The UMTR Trail Marathon Series is a set of trail marathons (26.2 miles) throughout the upper Midwest.
- UMTR Ultra Trail Series The UMTR Ultra Trail Series is a set of ultramarathon trail races with distances of 50K to 100 miles throughout the upper Midwest.
- Gnarly Bandit Ultra Trail Series, sponsored by Wilderness Athlete The Gnarly Bandit is a series of 100K or 100 mile ultra trail races throughout the upper midwest. Now with a $600 Pot of Gold at the end of the Trail!
* Entrance in a UMTR series does not guarantee entry into any individual race. Entrants are responsible for their own race registration and all individual race entry fees.